- US News & World Report: When Muni Bonds Outside Your State Make Sense 10/02/2020
Wesly Pate, Senior Portfolio Manager at Income Research, spoke with Debbie Carlson at US News and World Report about why investors should buy municipal bonds issued outside of their home states.
- IFR: Vantage Deal Signals Appetite for Tech ABS Supply 09/23/2020
Jake Remley, Senior Portfolio Manager at Income Research, spoke with Richard Leong at IFR about tech-related ABS issuance.
- FundFire: Managers Spruce Up Social Media to Stand Out 09/21/2020
Brooke Anderson, Principal and Director of Investment Product Management at Income Research, shared how the firm uses social media to connect with institutional investors in the midst of a pandemic that has kept many people working at home with FundFire.
- Debtwire: Non-QM Credit Box Almost, but Not Quite, ‘Pre-Covid’ 09/21/2020
Caroline Chen, Senior Vice President at Income Research, spoke with Al Yoon at Debtwire Municipals about non-QM loans.
- Pensions & Investments: Income Research & Management Creates Corporate Sustainability Role 09/17/2020
Allison Walsh, Senior Vice President at Income Research, was promoted to the newly created role of head of ESG and corporate sustainability by fixed-income specialist Income Research & Management on Sept. 1.
- Debtwire: Muni Portfolio Managers See Bumpy Ride Heading into Fall 09/04/2020
Wesly Pate, Senior Portfolio Manager at Income Research, spoke with Caitlin Devitt and Kathie O’Donnell at Debtwire Municipals about his fall 2020 forecast for the municipal bond market as fundamentals began to weaken in early September.
- International Financing Review: Container ABS Volumes Grow as Investors Bet on Calmer Waters 08/29/2020
Caroline Chen, Senior Vice President at Income Research, spoke with Richard Leong at International Financing Review about how and why many investors are piling into bonds backed by container leases.
- National Mortgage News: Non-Qualified Mortgages are Coming Back, but with Tighter Guidelines 08/28/2020
Caroline Chen, Senior Vice President at Income Research, spoke with Brad Finkelstein at National Mortgage News about why investors should remain leery of non-QM RMBS even as originators are coming back into the marketplace.
- The Bond Buyer: Northeast first half volume rises amid coronavirus curveball 08/21/2020
Wesly Pate, Senior portfolio manager at Income Research, spoke with Andrew Coen at Bond Buyer about municipal bond issuance for the first half of 2020.
- Bloomberg: Murky’ Mortgage Bonds See Late-Pays Soar 07/24/2020
Caroline Chen, Senior Vice President at Income Research, spoke with Adam Tempkin at Bloomberg about why fixed income investors should remain cautious about their allocations towards mortgage bonds without U.S. government guarantees.
- MarketWatch: Distress signals are flashing in U.S. commercial real estate. But will it need a TALF rescue? 05/07/2020
Jake Remley, Senior Portfolio Manager at Income Research, chatted with Joy Wiltermuth about the impact of the Fed’s stimulus on credit markets.
- IFR: Investors slow to embrace riskier ABS as primary market resumes 05/07/2020
Jake Remley, Senior Portfolio Manager at Income Research, spoke with Richard Leong at IFR about the slow return of demand for lower-rated U.S. asset-backed securities since the primary market reopened last March after a COVID-19 induced supply pause.
- Bloomberg: A Deluge of Debt 04/30/2020
Bill O’Neill, Senior Portfolio Manager at Income Research, spoke with Caleb Mutua and Jack Pitcher at Bloomberg Briefs about the record-pace borrowing taking place in the bond market.
- Bloomberg: California Bond Sale Signals Hope for Muni Market Normalcy 04/17/2020
Wesly Pate, Senior Portfolio Manager at Income Research, spoke with Danielle Moran at Bloomberg about the California sale of $1.4 billion in general obligation bonds.
- The Bond Buyer: Coronavirus causes lowest March bond volume since the 90s 03/31/2020
Wesly Pate, Portfolio Manager at Income Research, spoke with Aaron Weitzman at The Bond Buyer about municipal bond volumes in March.
- Debtwire: Bottom falls out of RMBS secondary; Devaney shows up 03/23/2020
Caroline Chen, SVP at Income Research, spoke with Al Yoon at Debtwire about bond funds and REITs facing market liquidity challenges.
- Debtwire: A Monthly Guide to US RMBS Activity 03/18/2020
Caroline Chen, Senior Vice President at Income Research, spoke with Al Yoon at Debtwire about the US “fix-and-flip” sector.
- IFR: US securitization market little moved despite stimulus 03/17/2020
Ralph Saturne, Senior Research Analyst at Income Research, was quoted in Refinitiv on issuance across securitized sectors. As the article notes, primary issuance is on pause as investors wait to see the outcomes of Federal Reserve monetary policy and fiscal packages.
- Global Capital: Fed used “most powerful tool” too soon by cutting rates, investors say 03/16/2020
Jake Remley, Senior Portfolio Manager, astutely pointed out, once the Federal Reserve cuts rates to zero, it will start to consider other fiscal and monetary measures, or potentially venture into negative rates.
- Bloomberg: What to Watch in U.S. Corporate Credit Markets This Week 03/15/2020
Bill O’Neill, Senior Portfolio Manager at Income Research, was quoted in Bloomberg providing his take on investment-grade debt.
- MarketWatch: U.S. stocks score biggest one-day gain since 2008 after Trump declares national emergency over coronavirus 03/13/2020
Jim Gubitosi, co-Chief Investment Officer at Income Research, was quoted in MarketWatch following U.S. President Donald Trump’s national emergency declaration over coronavirus.
- Debtwire: Mortgage firms, investors, keeping an eye on delinquencies as health crisis spreads 03/13/2020
Caroline Chen, Senior Portfolio Manager at Income Research, was quoted in industry publication Debtwire on the risks mortgage markets face as the health crisis affects employment.
- GlobalCapital: Fed used “most powerful tool” too soon by cutting rates, investors say 03/05/2020
As Jake Remley, Senior Portfolio Manager, astutely pointed out, once the Federal Reserve cuts rates to zero, it will start to consider other fiscal and monetary measures, or potentially venture into negative rates.
- Investment Week: Rising Stars of 2020 – Diversity Edition 03/02/2020
Ralph Saturne, Senior Research Analyst at Income Research, was named one of the rising stars of 2020 by the one of the UK’s leading investment publications, Investment Week.
- Debtwire: ABS Secondary Market Weekly: Whole Business ABS 02/03/2020
Caroline Chen, Senior Vice President at Income Research, was quoted in industry publication Debtwire on issuance in wholesale ABS.
- The Bond Buyer: Taxables bolstered issuance to start the year 01/31/2020
At the time, Wesly Pate noted that “fundamentals look appealing and technicals are still strong.” He did not foresee any issues with such high levels of supply being absorbed by the market. Assuming rates stayed low, which they have done, he foresaw the potential for up to $100 billion in taxable issuance.
- Bloomberg: What to Watch in U.S. Corporate Credit Markets This Week 01/27/2020
Jim Gubitosi, co-CIO, spoke with Caleb Matua at Bloomberg, providing his take on the corporate bond markets.
- Investments & Pensions Europe: US investment grade: A year for not living dangerously 01/02/2020
Bill O’Neill, Senior Portfolio Manager at Income Research was featured in Investment & Pensions Europe’s feature on US Investment Grade. As Bill anticipated at the time, liquidity is the wildcard.
- Bloomberg: Relentless Technical Demand for Corporates 12/13/2019
Bill O’Neill, Senior Portfolio Manager, discusses how demand from pension plans and foreign buyers is keeping spreads tight, and what could cause spreads to widen in 2020.
- Structured Credit Investor: Core Qualities 12/09/2019
Investors need to focus on strong fundamentals and underwriting standards in 2020, according to Senior Vice President and Research Analyst Caroline Chen.
- Pensions & Investments: 76 Money Managers Go Above and Beyond 12/09/2019
"This year's winners stand out for their commitment to their people and the communities in which they operate," explained P&I Editor Amy B. Resnick.
- Pensions & Investments: Attentiveness to Charity a Good Recruitment Tool 12/09/2019
Among other commitments to charity, IR+ M was recognized for offering paid time off for volunteer work, providing company grants for chosen non-profit organizations, and matching charitable donations.
- National Mortgage News: FHFA Gives Market More Time to Weigh UMBS Plan 11/19/2019
According to Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley, the introduction of UMBS "hasn't had much impact directly on the market."
- Pensions & Investments: IR+M Restructures Leadership Team 10/11/2019
In adopting executive titles, the two Managing Principals hope to provide transparency to the firm’s clients and consultants – and beyond that, open the door for a broader executive base.
- FundFire: $75B Fixed Income Manager Names First-Ever CEO 10/11/2019
Bill O'Malley, a 25-year veteran of the Boston-based fixed-income manager, will become the firm's first CEO effective January 1st, 2020.
- Institutional Investor: How a $75 Billion Bond Shop Plans to Stay Private 10/11/2019
By expanding its senior team and clarifying the role of executives, privately-held Boston-based Income Research and Management is publicly demonstrating its commitment to transparency.
- IFR: Servpro debut ABS draws heavy demand despite high leverage 09/18/2019
"With names where you have a lot of demonstrated history and equity in the business, you're seeing investors getting comfortable with higher leverage," said Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley.
- Asset Securitization Report: Campaign 2020 puts an asset class in the crosshairs 09/09/2019
“When you’re talking about forbearance and forgiveness, when you’re talking about extending maturities on loan terms, those are a lot of risks that investors can’t get their hands around,” said Principal and Senior Portfolio Manager Mike Sheldon.
- Global Capital: Investors cool on aircraft ABS as sector feels late cycle pressures 09/05/2019
According to Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley, investors’ search for yield has allowed the sector to price a high number of deals from new entrants and a variety of collateral types, even if the collateral is weak or untested.
- Global Capital: BAML warns against deteriorating online loan performance 08/26/2019
“With marketplace lending, we just don’t understand where debt payments might fall in the priority of the borrower,” said Senior Portfolio Jake Remley.
- Global Capital: Pet supply whole biz securitization shelved 08/16/2019
According to Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley, "If this recent spate of volatility across equity and other risk assets fade, you may certainly see Pet Supplies Plus come back."
- The Bond Buyer: Muni Monthly Volume Remains Wishy-Washy 07/31/2019
Portfolio Manager Wesly Pate said as a new fiscal year begins, the lack of increased issuance in June is a good tell for what the market will see in the second half of the year.
- IFR: Investors Snap Up ABS Ahead of Summer Slowdown 07/20/2019
According to Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley, a decline in Treasury rates means that pricing levels remain tight on an absolute basis.
- IFR: FDIC eyes regulatory roll-back to boost bank RMBS 07/19/2019
"NINJA ("no income, no job, no assets") loans are not coming back any time soon," states Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley.
- IFR: AIG Sells First RMBS of 2019 06/15/2019
Pricing on private-label prime jumbo RMBS issuance deals is getting tighter relative to jumbo bonds, according to Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley.
- Eikon: Wendy’s and Massage Envy Land Whole Biz ABS 06/13/2019
“If there’s any space in securitization that has defined tiering, it’s in whole business ABS,” said Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley.