- Bloomberg: Relentless Technical Demand for Corporates 12/13/2019
O’Neill discusses how demand from pension plans and foreign buyers is keeping spreads tight, and what could cause spreads to widen in 2020.
- Structured Credit Investor: Core Qualities 12/09/2019
Investors need to focus on strong fundamentals and underwriting standards in 2020, according to Senior Vice President and Research Analyst Caroline Chen.
- Pensions & Investments: 76 Money Managers Go Above and Beyond 12/09/2019
"This year's winners stand out for their commitment to their people and the communities in which they operate," explained P&I Editor Amy B. Resnick.
- Pensions & Investments: Attentiveness to Charity a Good Recruitment Tool 12/09/2019
Among other commitments to charity, IR+ M was recognized for offering paid time off for volunteer work, providing company grants for chosen non-profit organizations, and matching charitable donations.
- National Mortgage News: FHFA Gives Market More Time to Weigh UMBS Plan 11/19/2019
According to Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley, the introduction of UMBS "hasn't had much impact directly on the market."
- Pensions & Investments: IR+M Restructures Leadership Team 10/11/2019
In adopting executive titles, the two Managing Principals hope to provide transparency to the firm’s clients and consultants – and beyond that, open the door for a broader executive base.
- FundFire: $75B Fixed Income Manager Names First-Ever CEO 10/11/2019
Bill O'Malley, a 25-year veteran of the Boston-based fixed-income manager, will become the firm's first CEO effective January 1st, 2020.
- Institutional Investor: How a $75 Billion Bond Shop Plans to Stay Private 10/11/2019
By expanding its senior team and clarifying the role of executives, privately-held Boston-based Income Research and Management is publicly demonstrating its commitment to transparency.
- IFR: Servpro debut ABS draws heavy demand despite high leverage 09/18/2019
"With names where you have a lot of demonstrated history and equity in the business, you're seeing investors getting comfortable with higher leverage," said Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley.
- Asset Securitization Report: Campaign 2020 puts an asset class in the crosshairs 09/09/2019
“When you’re talking about forbearance and forgiveness, when you’re talking about extending maturities on loan terms, those are a lot of risks that investors can’t get their hands around,” said Principal and Senior Portfolio Manager Mike Sheldon.
- Global Capital: Investors cool on aircraft ABS as sector feels late cycle pressures 09/05/2019
According to Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley, investors’ search for yield has allowed the sector to price a high number of deals from new entrants and a variety of collateral types, even if the collateral is weak or untested.
- Global Capital: BAML warns against deteriorating online loan performance 08/26/2019
“With marketplace lending, we just don’t understand where debt payments might fall in the priority of the borrower,” said Senior Portfolio Jake Remley.
- Global Capital: Pet supply whole biz securitization shelved 08/16/2019
According to Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley, "If this recent spate of volatility across equity and other risk assets fade, you may certainly see Pet Supplies Plus come back."
- The Bond Buyer: Muni Monthly Volume Remains Wishy-Washy 07/31/2019
Portfolio Manager Wesly Pate said as a new fiscal year begins, the lack of increased issuance in June is a good tell for what the market will see in the second half of the year.
- IFR: Investors Snap Up ABS Ahead of Summer Slowdown 07/20/2019
According to Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley, a decline in Treasury rates means that pricing levels remain tight on an absolute basis.
- IFR: FDIC eyes regulatory roll-back to boost bank RMBS 07/19/2019
"NINJA ("no income, no job, no assets") loans are not coming back any time soon," states Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley.
- IFR: AIG Sells First RMBS of 2019 06/15/2019
Pricing on private-label prime jumbo RMBS issuance deals is getting tighter relative to jumbo bonds, according to Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley.
- Eikon: Wendy’s and Massage Envy Land Whole Biz ABS 06/13/2019
“If there’s any space in securitization that has defined tiering, it’s in whole business ABS,” said Senior Portfolio Manager Jake Remley.